Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Danger of Frost is Over

I really love the double blooms on this azalea.
I think they look almost like roses.
I planted some of the extra tomato plants I grew on the side of the house to see if they get enough sun there. It would be nice if they produced, but I'm not counting on it. Also, in front of them notice that the beans have come up.

On the side of the house where I scattered seeds a couple of weeks ago, some seedlings have been coming up. I have been able to only identify these ones so far--it's a Nasturtium, which is a flowering vine (both the flowers and the leaves are edible).
I also finally planted at my community garden.
Our good friend Jen called us up the other day to tell us that at the International Friendship Park downtown they were giving away tulips that were pulled up from the park. After work I drove down there to pick some up and quickly planted them. I hope they can recover for next year.
Leigha and I went to the site of a demolished house and picked up some bricks that had been left to use in the herb garden we are making. I think she did a good job arranging them.
Our giant Persian Alliums opened up. They're not as big as we thought they were going to be, but they're still interesting.

No comments: